Enter the fascinating world of robots and how to program them. Learn in a hands-on lab about programming, electronics, and robotics. Code to control the robot and use features like obstacle-avoidance, line-following, and remote control commands.
This class uses Edison to teach children about robots and how to program them. Please note that we expect students to either bring their own Edison to the class that they can keep programming at home or rent one from us for the duration of the course for a nominal amount. If you need to buy an Edison, this is available at specified retail outlets. This can also be ordered from SCRATCHPAD if you provide advance notice.
CODE THAT EDISON ROBOT HOLIDAY PROGRAMME
Have you ever wanted to get into robotics, but found it too difficult or expensive?
- Affordable – Around $70 each
- Programmable – Free open source graphical programming software
- LEGO® compatible – Modular and easily expandable
- Easy to use – Has many pre-programmed functions activated by barcodes
- Remote control – Learns commands from TV/DVD remote controls
- Suitable for all ages – From 5 to 95
- Built to last – Yes, the car scene in the video is real!
…so what will you invent?
SCHOOL HOLIDAY PROGRAMMES
These holidays make the most of it and get a head start with our technology focused holiday programmes in Coding and Robotics. Choose from a variety of Programmes in Minecraft, Website development, Android game development, Robotics, 3D printing and more.
Find out more
SCHOOL HOLIDAY PROGRAMME REGISTRATION