This page states the General Terms and Conditions for all SCRATCHPAD competitions. Please read this page carefully. If you do not accept the Terms and Conditions stated here, do not enter the competitions.
SCRATCHPAD may revise these Terms and Conditions at any time by updating this posting. You should visit this page periodically to review the Terms and Conditions.
GENERIC PROMOTION OR COMPETITION RULES
‘SCRATCHPAD’ means all companies in the SCRATCHPAD Group including but not limited to SCRATCHPAD Limited, SCRATCHPAD Foundation and all brands and operating companies controlled by or associated with those entities.
The ‘Promoter’ is SCRATCHPAD
‘Disqualified Participants’ are:
(a) all SCRATCHPAD employees, all employees of participating sponsors or promoters and/or advertising agencies and their Immediate Families;
‘Immediate Families’ include spouses, Grandparents, Parents, Children, and Grandchildren whether by marriage, past marriages, remarriage, adoption, co-habitation or other family extension.
- These Promotion or Competition Rules (‘the Rules’) apply to all SCRATCHPAD Promotions or Competitions (collectively ‘the Promotion’) conducted by means of any medium – radio, television, print, telephone or internet. The Rules may change from time to time.
- If a particular Promotion has specific rules or terms (‘the Specific Rules’) those Specific Rules will apply if there is any inconsistency with the Rules.
- Unless otherwise stated in the above mentioned specific rules or terms, registration, entry or vote is limited to 1 per person. Where multiple registrations, entries or votes are acceptable, each must be made separately.
- Entry into the Promotion is deemed to be acceptance of the Rules and confirmation that the entrant has the necessary authority to enter the Promotion.
- No purchase is necessary to win or participate in the Promotion, unless specified in the Specific Rules.
- The Promotion is open to New Zealand Residents only. Disqualified Participants may not enter in the Promotion.
- SCRATCHPAD reserves the right to exclude any person from participating in the Promotion on reasonable grounds.
- SCRATCHPAD reserves the right to refuse to award any prize to an entrant who SCRATCHPAD decides (in its sole discretion) has violated the Rules, gained unfair advantage in participating in the Promotion or won using fraudulent means. 9.
- By participating, entrants grant SCRATCHPAD exclusive permission to use their names, characters, photographs, videos, voices and likeness in connection with the Promotion and for future promotion and marketing purposes and waive any claims to royalty, right or remuneration for such use.
- Personal information provided at the time of entry is presumed to be true and, in the case of text or email notification – active, through to and beyond the date of the Promotion’s completion.
- Only the person who originally entered the Promotion can be awarded the prize (‘the Winner’).
- The Winner will be determined in the manner set out in the Rules or the Specific Rules – if not specified then as determined by the Promoter who shall for this purpose be deemed the Judge.
- The Judge’s determination of the Winner will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Winner will be notified by email, phone (voice or text), mail or in person and must be available for the preparation of all publicity that may be required by SCRATCHPAD. Where attempts to contact the Winner fail (eg when the Winner cannot be contacted by phone after three attempts or mail sent is returned) the Judge will select another winner. If, after successful notification, the prize is not collected within two months of being announced it will be regarded as forfeit. (Note: 3 attempts to contact the Winner will include individual calls to any numbers provided at the time of entry.)
- The prize is not redeemable for cash or transferable, unless the contestant wishes to transfer the prize to a charity of their choice. No other family members, friends, office associates or any other person will be able to participate on the Winner’s behalf. In the event that the prize specified in the Competition becomes unavailable for any reason the Promoter may substitute a prize of like or equal value.
- Where the Winner is required to claim the prize in person, they must provide proper identification (eg driver’s licence, passport, birth certificate). If the Winner is under the age of 18 years their parent or legal guardian must accompany the Winner or give their prior written consent to the award of the prize.
- The Winner takes the prize entirely at his/her own risk and indemnifies SCRATCHPAD in respect of any claim for any accident, injury, property damage or loss of life that may occur in connection with the prize. The Winner is responsible for all insurance, tax or other costs that may be associated with the prize.
- SCRATCHPAD reserves the right to amend, vary, extend or discontinue a Promotion at any stage, for any reason.
- SCRATCHPAD takes no responsibility for any inability to enter, complete, continue or conclude the Promotion due to equipment or technical malfunction
- To the fullest extent permitted by law SCRATCHPAD will not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever (including but not limited to direct or consequential loss) or for personal injury as a result of Promotion entry or winning the prize.
- Where the prize is to be supplied by an entity outside SCRATCHPAD control and that entity fails, for whatever reason, to supply the prize, SCRATCHPAD has no responsibility for the provision of the prize and is not obliged to provide an alternative prize or to take legal action to require the prize supplier to provide the prize.
- Participation in the Promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- If the Winner does not accept these Terms and Conditions the prize will be forfeited.